Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Genuine Faith- starts with humility

One thing I have realized is that praying for genuine faith comes with a spectrum of difficulties that only God could conjure up to help build faith muscles. This week, and I am sure for the enduring summer, I will prove this to be true. God has listened to my wishes of being genuine in my faith, humble and dependent, so that I could be a better leader, or so I could minister better. I lue of being chosen to be an SLD, I realized that there is so much more expected from an SLD than of a Prayer Leader. Not that either is better than the other, I enjoyed being a PL and would recommend the experience to anyone and everyone...who of course was fit for it and up to the challenge of reaching out to the people on their hall and loving them. What I mean is that, compared to the duties I had prior, more will be expected from me, my time, and from my school work. I prayed before school ended that I could have genuine faith, so that my ministry would reflect this. I didn't realize how tough it would be to see it unfold before me, as I am learning to trust in His love and in Him completely. I am excited for this opportunity, but the anxiety still reaches its maximum at almost every minute it can grip me. It catches me off-guard lots of times, when I feel that I am at my best. This is my first step towards genuine faith- ridding this anxiety and allowing me to have LIBERTY in Christ. I say Liberty more so than Freedom, just because my goal is to learn how to have genuine faith before my school year starts as an SLD.

I feel honored to have this position, but it has been so humbling trying to trust this summer. It is making me reflect on how much I try and rely on myself, and this battle will be on going for a while. I have built up so many systems and ideas in my head that it will take a lot of working thru to get it out of my way. Right now, it is an obstacle in my path of a better ministry. I think of John 15, the vine and the branches. I love this verse, but it is not one because it is happy go lucky or anything, but it is powerful and I feel that this process of ridding the bad fruit is something I am currently in. It hurts for sure, it isn't easy, and it is frightening because I am having to think outside of my own box. I have cried almost everyday, I miss being at school just because I feel like I grow so much there, and I enjoy these amazing opportunities God has set before me. However, this is another opportunity for me to grow even more, and I want so much for this to be able to help me in my ministry and as an SLD. I pray that this summer will be spent on my knees and in the Word, continuing to learn about Him, learn how to really have genuine faith, and ultimately to change for the better so that I can be the best SLD I can be for my PL's and for the hall.

Principles of a Daughter of Design #1: Daughters of Design have genuine faith...and it starts with humility.

2 comments:

  1. Emilee,

    This is wonderful! I like what yo u are saying a lot. And you are right it may take a long time, but I believe that God has already equipped you to be the best SLD already or you wouldn't be serving as one. But hope that you are eager to become closer and closer to him and that challenges me, it makes me realize just how excited you are to become SO close to Him.

    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe thank you Vivian! You are such an encouragement to me! You are amazing, and I am so excited for what God will do in your life next year on your hall! It will be awesome! :0)

    ReplyDelete